Tuesday, 19 February 2013


 I had such an amazing time away and it's definitely going to take me a couple days to catch up on sleep. To the point of this post I'm going to take you through my days while I was gone.

My flight arrived in London at about 5:30pm and by the time we got to the hotel it was 7:00pm. We didn't do much that evening apart from going for a walk to see what was nearby our hotel and get something to eat.

We were up early and out of the hotel quickly. We first headed to the London Bridge Experience on Tooley Street. This was something I had been excited about for months and it definitely lived up to my expectations and I would definitely recommend visiting it. Afterwards we headed to the nearby Borough Market and I got the nicest juice I have ever tasted (Apple and Cranberry). If you're ever in the market you should try it. We spent the rest of the day walking around got some dinner before going to see Matilda the Musical at the Cambridge Theatre. Going to see a stage show has always been a dream of mine and when I was a child Matilda was my favourite film ever. Therefore when my dad said I could choose any show I want, it was definitely an easy decision for me. The show was amazing and extremely funny. The songs were unbelievably catchy and I have had them stuck in my head for days.

 In the morning we first headed of for some breakfast and then spent a few hours walking around the Natural History Museum. In all honestly I spent more time admiring the architecture of the museum rather than the actual exhibits. It was so big but had an immense amount of detail. In the afternoon we went to Harrods and then headed to Oxford Street to do some shopping.  In the evening we lay down for an hour because we were so tired and then went out for a nice meal.

My parents made me get up at 5:30am and we were out of the hotel at 6:45am. We headed of to Camden and walking around for a couple hours before looking through the markets. I finally purchased a gorgeous leather jacket, I really couldn't love it anymore than I do. After I went to Leicester Square to visit M and M's World and may I say I felt like I was in heaven. It was huge with 'four levels of fun' filled with everything you could think of m and m related, I never wanted to leave. Then I went and did some more shopping for a few hours before dropping my bags off at the hotel and going out for the evening. It was pretty chilled that night as it was our last night in London.

 Today was the first day I was able to have a bit of a lie-in and my goodness did it feel great. At lunch time we slowly made our way to the airport and not long after going through to departures we were already being called to our gate. It does feel good to be home again but I'd much rather still me in London.

I'll be doing a haul with all the things I got in my next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment